Thursday 10 March 2011

frida kahlo

If Frida lived now, she would be a celebrity.

She was a rebell, as her quotes show:
"I was born a bitch. I was born a painter."

Her life was complicated. After a bus accident as a teenager, her health wasn't the same. She has serious injuries, she couldn't move after 3 months the accidents. She lied in the bed, and her painting career started. Her parents supported her. She started to paint self-portraits. Kahlo once said, "I paint myself because I am so often alone and because I am the subject I know best."
Her paintings were quite surreal, she said "I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality."

Her house shows her exciting personality.



Her love life wasn't average. She was bisexual, had affairs with both men and women, (in spite of she had a husband) including Josephine Baker. Her marriage wasn't well-balanced. His husband was the mexican painter Diego Rivera, who was a notorious womanizer. She cheated on Frida, with Frida's sister. SHAME ON YOU, DIEGO!


No comments:

Post a Comment